Selecting the right outsourcing partner is not easy. With more and more outsourcing companies entering the field, the offers will overwhelm anyone looking to get assistance.
Reviewing reviews and doing a checklist can help you narrow your prospective outsourcing partner choices. In this article, we have constructed a few questions you can ask when interviewing your outsourcing partner.
Knowing the company background helps you manage expectations. When interviewing your potential partner ask questions like :
- How long have you been operating?
- Where do you operate from?
- Which industries do you usually serve?
- Will team members need training?
- When can you start?
In order to work well with your outsourcing partner you need to agree with what the company stands for. Key questions to ask here could be :
- What are your core values, and mission?
- Do you have corporate social responsibility programs?
- How is your employee retention?
Do they meet your service expectations?
In this section, you will get a better understanding of the company's quality control processes. Questions can include :
- What are your data security measures?
- How do you handle clients’ complaints?
- Do you have a quality assurance program in place?
Knowing the recruitment process lets you know how long you will be waiting before you have a team member to start assisting you and your team. Questions you can ask here include:
- How educated are the team members?
- What can they handle?
- How long does it take for my team member?
- How are the contracts structured?
One of the biggest reservations of outsourcing is communication between yourself, your team member and the company. When tackling the issue of communication you should ask :
- What communication software do you use?
- Who is my main point of contact person for day-to-day operations?
- Will there be any language barriers with my team member?
There are so many questions to ask when choosing an outsourcing company. If you make the above points the foundation for your asking system then you will be off to a good start.
Are you looking to leverage outsourced virtual teams to improve your business? Tell us what you are looking for and we will make sure we give you the best team for your business.